Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Dodge RAM 3500 trouble locating cabin air filter on my 2001

Customer Question

trouble locating cabin air filter on my 2001 Dodge 3500
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

your truck is not equipped with a cabin air filter.

do you have good air flow if the heater is on?

do you hear the blower motor turn faster when changing the fan switch from low to higher speeds?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
seems to have good flow with the heater and defroster. I do hear increase when going from low to high. Suction line at compresser is cold but not much flow of air into the cab
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

ok, if you switch it from heat to cold, can you hear any clicking behind the dash?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will have to check that and I am not near the truck today
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

ok, if you hear a clicking noise, then the problem is a broken temperature blend door. If no clicking, then the temperature blend door servo motor actuator is bad.

Now for the really bad news. Both of these require removing the entire dash in order to remove the hvac housing to access them. Book labor is right at 8hrs by an experienced technician. At home, this will be about a 10-12 hour job and does include discharging the ac system to remove the ac lines in order to remove the hvac housing
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.
If you have any questions or need further help on this matter, feel free to ask any follow up question. Otherwise, you need to click the accept button to pay for services rendered per customer agreement as this is a paysite and the expert is not paid for their, time or services until you do so.

if you have a subscription service, you still need to click the accept button, however you are NOT charged again. Thank you.