brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

Dodge RAM 1500 How do you mount a spare tire winch onto a

Customer Question

How do you mount a spare tire winch onto a Dodge Ram 1500 truck? Is it bolted on? If so how many bolts are there? I bought the truck used and the winch wasn't attached. When I went to attach it, I didn't see how it could possible attach so I'm thinking it is not the right winch, because no bolt holes line up. Is there a place where I could see a diagram or at least get the dimensions of the winch so I can know if it is the right one?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. For information on the winch click HERE
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello Jeff, I'm Mark. I'm trying to figure out if I have the right winch because from the diagram, I don't think it is. The one I have is 4" x 4" x 1" thick and it has 4 bolts that look like they would have to be screwed upward if I installed it like the diagram. When I look under that truck, I see only 2 bolt holes. Does the correct winch have 2 bolt holes?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.
Not sure how many holes it has. This is the best information I could come up with for the winch