Matt Hardy
Matt Hardy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Auto Tech, ASE L1, Jeep/Chrysler Dealer Tech, 18 yrs exp
24870662

2001 Dodge Stratus: Timing Belt..replacing..S.Fla .also,what

Timing Belt on a 2001 Dodge Stratus,how much  for replacing it would your service be able to refer a reputable service repair in the S.Fla .also,what components can be replaced at the time of the belt being replaced

Matt Hardy :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Matt.

Matt Hardy :

At that mileage, it is a good idea to replace the timing belt and all components that turn with the timing belt. This includes the water pump, idler pulleys, and tensioner for the timing belt. These pulleys have sealed bearings and after so many billion revolutions, the bearings wear and become noisy. Failure of any of these bearings will cause the timing belt to come off or jump timing.

Matt Hardy :

The 3.0L in your Stratus is actually a Mitsubishi engine. So I would find a technician that is experienced with this engine.

Matt Hardy :

One place you could try is a Mitsubishi dealership service department. The techs there will all have considerable experience on that engine.

Customer:

Greetings Matt Hardy

Customer:

Thank You for the advise the belt was changed at 97,000 at a japanese service outfit in vero beach fl. You're right it is a mitsubish engine. I just found a service shop in Ft.Lauderdale,fl that will be replacing all of the components you've just mentioned.. Again Thanks & Have A Good one!!!