Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Need to replace serpentine belt on a 2005 grand caravan with a 3.

Customer Question
8...
need to replace serpentine belt on a 2005 grand caravan with a 3. 8
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/2/2011
Dodge Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

DRIVE BELT
REMOVAL

1. Raise vehicle on hoist.

graphic

1. Remove the drive belt shield (Fig. 8).
WARNING: DO NOT ALLOW DRIVE BELT TENSIONER TO SNAP BACK, AS DAMAGE TO TENSIONER AND/OR PERSONAL INJURY COULD RESULT.

graphic

1. Position a wrench on the belt tensioner lug (Fig. 9).
  2. Release belt tension by rotating the tensioner counterclockwise (Fig. 9).

graphic

1. Remove the drive belt (Fig. 11).
  2. Carefully return tensioner to its relaxed position.
INSTALLATION
  1. Route and position the drive belt onto all pulleys, except for the crankshaft (Fig. 11).
  2. Rotate belt tensioner counterclockwise until belt can be installed onto the crankshaft pulley (Fig. 9). Slowly release belt tensioner.
  3. Verify belt is properly routed and engaged on all pulleys.
  4. Install drive belt shield (Fig. 8) and lower vehicle.

Jerry, Master Mechanic
Jerry, Master Mechanic