Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

2002 dodge durango: the crank shaft sensor and where is the tps sensor

Customer Question
where is the cam shaft...
where is the cam shaft sensor where is the crank shaft sensor and where is the tps sensor is on a 2002 dodge durango
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/1/2011
Dodge Mechanic: b5demon, Dodge Technician replied 6 years ago
b5demon
b5demon, Dodge Technician

b5demon :

which engine do you have?

Customer:

4.7 liter

b5demon :

ok the cam sensor on located on the passengers cylinder head in front of the exhaust manifold

Customer:

ok very good where is the crank shaft sensor

Customer:

and the tps sensor

b5demon :

the tps is on the side of the throttle body the crankshaft position sensor is on the passengers side of the engine block near the transmission

Customer:

do you also know where the ASD relay is

b5demon :

the asd relay is located in the fuse and relay center under the hood

b5demon
b5demon, Dodge Technician

i can not find the asd relay in the fuse and relay center under the hood is there another name for it

auto shut down relay
i was talking to a mechanic earlier today i told him i started the vehicle and noticed the fuel gauge wasent moving and truck wouldnt start i turned the switch off and back on and and the fuel gauge came back on and read half a tank we drove it and it kept dieing and i kept restarting it i made iot home and parked and now it will not start there is no fuel on the fuel gauge and there is no fuel on the rail the car cranks fine but dose not start the mechanic told me to check fire to the cam shaft sensor and the crank shaft sensor and the tps sensor and asd relay and check for lose grounds i have no lose grounds and fire to all the sensors but i cant find the asd relay my box i have fuel pump relay ,spare ,ac relay ,fog lamp relay, spare, 02 sensor relay ,spare, trans realy ,spare spare, starter relay ,rad fan relay ,engine relay ,rear wiper relay, rear blower relay, spare, ebl relay
the engine relay is the asd relay

we have tryed all of the testing that was recomended and all relays and sensors do have fire and still no start what do you suggest

try unplugging the sensors one by one and turning the key on and checking the fuel gage after you unplug each sensor they are know for having cam and crank sensors short out and shutting down the engine controller

b5demon
b5demon
b5demon, Dodge Technician