How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask sprinkles08 Your Own Question
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Category: Dodge
Satisfied Customers: 23096
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
Type Your Dodge Question Here...
sprinkles08 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

1998 dakota: replaceing..shift lever..the overdrive

Customer Question

1998 dakota-I am replaceing the shift lever that includes the overdrive button-how does the retaining pin come out
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!


That's a roll pin. You'll need to use a punch and hammer, preferably a roll pin punch, to remove the pin.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
a roll pin is usually hollow? this is a solid pin, I have tried a punch and hammer but dont want to get to aggressive/am i just being a wimp??
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 years ago.
Yes a roll pin is usually hollow. I remembered it as a roll pin but if it's solid then it's not that type. Either way it's a pin that needs to be driven out. It will come right out when you hit it hard enough.
sprinkles08 and 6 other Dodge Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Alright I got over my wimpyness and hit it harder and it came out-thanks
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 years ago.

You're welcome!