TIM
TIM, SERVICE MANAGER
Experience:  DODGE SERVICE MANAGER- 20 + YEARS
6531745

2001 Dodge Dakota: a security system..keyless entry..alarm system

I have a 2001 Dodge Dakota with a security system by code alarm installed by the dealer at time of purchase. The other day the system would not allow me to open the doors by keyless entry using the remote. I unlocked the door manually and tried to start the vehicles, it would not start but the alarm system went off. I tried several times still setting off the alarm. I pushed the override button so I could get started and go to work. I know the system is not working and also I do not have any headlights, dome lights, or dash board lights. What are my options?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  TIM replied 6 years ago.

TIM :

hello, try unhooking negative battery terminal for 15 minutes -- reinstall and see if reset works?tim

TIM :

the lights are controlled by the central timer module on this truck-- which also houses the factory security system and the remote keyless system

TIM :

this module is located left side lower kick panel area

Customer:

I will try this and get back to you , thanks

TIM :

let me know?tim