Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

2004 Dodge Ram 1500: 5.7 hemi..real rough..Circuit Malfunction..ohms

Customer Question
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7...
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Magnum will not idle without foot on the pedel and runs real rough it has P0204 Injector Circuit Malfunction and p0205 and p0206 . I checked the ohms on the injectors and they were 11 on one and 12 on the others . What to do ?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Dodge
3/5/2011
Dodge Mechanic: Dodge expert, ASE Cert Technician replied 6 years ago
Dodge expert
Dodge expert, ASE Cert Technician
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.Start by checking the wiring as this is often caused by faulty or damage wiring . It can also be caused by faulty injectors and occasionally you'll find that the inside of the fuel feed rail will rust and this rust will clogged the injectors Inspect the C106 connector towards the rear of the engine. This connector carries all of the coil and injector driver wiring. Make sure there are no loose or corroded contacts. If that checks good, move the #5 injector to another cylinder and see if the code changes cylinder number indicating a bad injector. If the #5 code continues to return after moving the injector, ensure that wiring between the Powertrain Control Module and the #5 injector is good
I will test the wires and check for rust and let you know what i find . thanks and ill be about an hour to let you know and accept your answer.
Okay thank you let me know and if that does not work we will continue testing other things
I checked the wires and they seem to be fine and i checked the plugs and found that they were wet so i put new ones in and cleaned the throttle body and its still the same. It has three injector codes on the right side. still confused . lol
If everything checked out good then this is going to be caused by a an internal problem in the PCM itself and it will need to be replaced
does that have to be programed by a dealer ?
Yes on your vehicle in must be programmedwhen it is installed
ok i don't know why this section says closed but any way . I got the ecm put in and all new injectors all new plugs and it still runs bad ! i took the throttle body off and cleaned it . The truck still will not idle . I tested all wiring and fuel pressure and even replaced the egr valve . so i took the pcv out and started the truck and would idle up and down not steady so replaced the pcv and still same problem . so im thinking air flow problem !!!!! Please help
Are you still setting the same trouble codes?
No sir no codes are stored at this time and it did have a code of bank 1 sensor 1 but that code is gone . sorry it took so long to reply been waiting on the parts to arrive and now I want to pull my hair out !
What kind of running problems are you having with the engine give me a little more detail
Truck will not idle at all and will only stay running with gas pedle held down . I did pull the pcv valve out and started the motor and it did stay running on its own but idle up high and down real low. ive checked and rechecked all connections and there good . I can hear a slight air hiss on the back left side of the motor but can not find any vac lines behind there. Is there one?
There are two very important service bulletins that need to be done to this truck one is to replace the EGR valve it's a very very common problem with stalling, and when the EGR valve is replaced the PCM will be to be ray flashed at the dealer using a factory scan tool
Dodge expert
Dodge expert
Dodge expert, ASE Cert Technician