Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

1999 dodge ram my right turn signal clicks faster than the left.

on my 1999 dodge ram...
on my 1999 dodge ram my right turn signal clicks faster than the left. both park lights work though, fuse is fine
3/4/2011
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

kalamykid :

If the right hand side blinks faster then the left, this is usualy an indication that one of the right turn signal light bulbs front or rear are burnt out. Turn the left blinker on and see what all lights blink andmake sure the right lights blink same as left does.

Customer:

i did that, both aft and fwd lights blink on the left, but only the aft on the right side

Customer:

and light comes on when in park

kalamykid :

the parking lights and turn signals are on the same bulb but the bulbs have dual elements in them.

kalamykid :

The turn signal light side of the bulb can be burnt out but the parking light side still be good.

Customer:

nice, and if its not the bulb....just for a one way trip to the store

kalamykid :

If the bulb is not bad, then you have a short in the wire that runs to the front bulbs. If you will check the bulbs for me and they check ok then I will help you find the short. DO you ave a testlight?

Customer:

no but i have a multimeter....im an electrition on helicopters

kalamykid :

A volt meter willwork but a test light would make things somuch easier for you.

Customer:

will do

Customer:

thank you very much

kalamykid :

You are very welcome.

kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
kalamykid
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech