Daniel, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Dodge technician
17254274

Dodge Grand Caravan SXT My abs light and trac off light turned

My abs light and trac off light turned on 2 days ago on my 2007 dodge grand caravan. When I start the van it is off but the brakes feel wonky, then the lights come on and the brakes feel find. Is this dangerous?

Daniel :

Hello, I am Daniel. I may ask you questions, to better answer you. Please let me know if you have any other questions before you Accept. Hello the destraction can be but you will still have your brakes.

Daniel :

You may have a bad sensor. or bad connection. If you have high milage already it may be a hub bearing.

Daniel :

But to find which area of the abs it is you will have to have it scanned. this will tell you which tire it is or if it is a more serious module issue.

Daniel :

Other than that you can look under vehicle to see if any wires are obviously damaged to wheel sensors.

Customer:

It has almost 92,000 miles. I have a 100,000 mile warranty on it. So I can take it to an Advanced Auto Parts Store or an Express Oil to get an initial check?

Daniel :

they cant check the abs system they only check the engine power train sensors. but unless its bad wiring your warranty will cover it.

Daniel :

I find the abs system is a high maintenance pain after 100,000 miles.

Customer:

I never have car problems so I am confused as to where to take it. Should I go to the dealership do a search for mechanics? I guess I have been pretty lucky just going to Advanced Auto Parts and to Express Oil for all my mechanical needs. BTW: Thank you so much for your help. I am going to hit accept. This is the first time I have ever used this service. Very cool!

Daniel :

Your very welcome. While you have a warranty have the dealer check it out. they do extra checks and they may take care of several other things that your warranty covers be fore its up.

Customer:

great idea! Thank you again! Have a great night! :-)))

Daniel :

Its nice to hear your dodge caravan has been good to you.

Daniel :

you too