Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Getting codes..I know its the ignition coils, but, do I

I am getting codes p0353...
I am getting codes p0353 to p0356. I know its the ignition coils, but, do I have to replace all 6?
1/16/2011
Tom
Tom, ASE Master Certified

Tom :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help you out.

Tom :

Since you have retrieved codes for all six injectors I think that your ASD relay is more responsible for the trouble that your having. It is the relay that provides power to all of theinjectors. It is located in the large fox box under the hood. It is also called the auto shutdown relay.

JACUSTOMER-woi9exnp- :

is it the large black fuse inside the "relay and fuse" box on the right hand side?

Tom :

Yes, look on the inside of the lid for the position if that relay

JACUSTOMER-woi9exnp- :

i will give that a try... i also occasionally get p1684 (disconnected battery) code. but its a new battery and a new alternater. I think my car is possessed.

Tom :

Wouldn't worry about the discnnectrd battery code. Anytime you unhook the battery and even sometimes when you clear codes that code will show up.

Tom :

To test it easily you can switch it out with a relay of the same size (horn relay usually).

JACUSTOMER-woi9exnp- :

last question i hope.... would the asd relay also be the ignition relay? Im looking up parts as we talk and cant find asd relay only ignition relay, ecm wiring relay, fuel cutoff relay and autochoke/shutdown relay...

Tom :

auto shutdown relay is it

JACUSTOMER-woi9exnp- :

i will try that. pretty cheap fix. thank you for your help.

Tom :

Sure thing. You can test it out by swapping it for now, then buy one if it seems to work.

Tom
Tom, ASE Master Certified
Tom
Tom
Tom, ASE Master Certified