Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

2004 Dodge Durango: trans control module..check engine light came

Customer Question
I have a 2004 Dodge...
I have a 2004 Dodge Durango the trans control module has been changed and the check engine light came back on the next day any advice?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Dodge
12/11/2010
Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 7 years ago
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Hello!

Do you happen to know the code number in the computer?

code number?

Yeah.... the code number in the computer. The light is on because there is a code number in the computer.

Was the module replaced because there was a code number in the computer?

this is what the tech has on my slip 12chkcodes: check codes, system lights on customer states check engine light is on work performed by XXXXX XXXXX. 661

customer advised the trans control module is bad. part no RL028795AC I had it changed and reset and the light came back on this am. not changed by XXXXX XXXXX

Oh.. so you told them to replace the transmission control module?
It was changed and brought to riverside in Iron Mt Mi and reset. could something be wrong with the reset or did I fix something that did not need to be fixxed???
It sounds to me like the transmission control module was not even bad.

Get me the codes in the computer and I will point you in the right direction.

po700 trans control stystem malfuction

po841 trans- fluid rressure sensor/switch

ckt range/perf

changed the pcm module controls all

hope this helps

2004 Durango

Ok.. are these the codes that were in the computer before the tcm being replaced? If so, what are the codes in the computer now?

that was before the new trans control module was replaced.

then when the new one was in they cleared all.

And what are the codes in the computer now?
they never gave me any now ones they said it was clear. ??????????????????
Well, you said the light is on... right? If so, then there is a code in the computer. Just go to auto zone and have them scan the computer for codes and let me know!
I have the old core. should I have that checked?
NO... just plug the scanner into your computer... don't do anything to your vehicle and let me know if the same codes are in there or if they are different ones..
I cant hook it up till monday pm to see what the codes read now as we have a big huge snow storm here at the moment. mother nature is mad at us appartently. could I get back with you????????????
You bet!

You can accept my answer now and we can still continue our conversation when you get the codes.. or you can wait... it is up to you. Either way I wont leave you hanging!
I will get back to you monday evening. around 6:00 central time. thanks for everything and I hope you can help me. sorry to be a pain but I need to know. I have owned a Dodge my whole life. ( hope that is a good thing) and have never had a problem like this. hope it never happens again. (not at christmas time anyway) hope all goes well and happy holidays. Love Deb;talk to you monday if the snow ever quits.
Wink Sounds good! Stay warm!
thanks for all talk to you monday pm ok. love Deb
Cool
I have not had a chance to get back to you till now. I just got out of a big snow storm here and now my durango wont shift at all. I cant get it to the shop to check what the code is now. any advice?
As to what the problem is or what you should do next?
what next I guess or what the problem could be?
You need to start by pulling codes from the computer. THis will give us an idea of what the computer "thinks" is going on here causing your shifting issue.
ok but do you think we could get codes off of the old core? that is the one the shop still has or do we have to pull the new computer? that is going to take time.
NO...Just use a scanner and pull codes from the diagnostic port under the dash.
ok I need some time to get a hold of one of the scanner again. might be a day or so thanks for your time. be back soon as I can.
Sounds good!
hey, now I had a auto shop come to my house with a big machine. it said the low reverse pressure soleniod circut ( spelling ) was bad. my question is, did the control molule have to be changed also if, this works???????????????????
Hello!

Sorry for the delay!

From what you are telling me, no... I don't think the module was bad.

I hope this helps. You can always accept my answer now, and repost back again later on if you have any more questions. If you want to discuss it some more just hit "reply", it's free to do so otherwise don't forget to hit "accept" and leave positive feedback if you found my answer helpful.

Regards

AMEDEE
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician