Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
12104952

2000 DODGE NEON: WHEN PULLING UP TO STOP..DOWN AND VIBRATE..STALL

2000 DODGE NEON WILL NOT DOWN SHIFT QUICK ENOUGH WHEN PULLING UP TO STOP SIGN. THE ENGINE WILL PULL DOWN AND VIBRATE AND ALMOST STALL BEFORE IT DOWN SHIFTS
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer Dodge my name isXXXXX realize that all my answers are based solely on the info you provide me....

Based on your description it sounds like the torque converter is failing to release until the very last minute and that is why it is seeming to want to stall...........much like a manual transmission car when you forget to put the clutch in as you slow down. In this situation you would need to replace the torque converter.