Roland
Roland, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Certified for 10 years, Been working in Dodge Dealerships since 1992
30952659

How to change rod bearings on a 2005 dodge stratus 2.

how to change rod bearings on a 2005 dodge stratus 2.4 l
Chat Conversation Started
Roland :

Hello, my name is Roland
Removal for the rod bearings.

Roland :

to make it easier to move the piston up the cylinders I would remove the spark plugs

Customer:

can you remove the rod caps from underneath the car through the oil pan

Roland :

you will need to remove the oil pan to get to the rod bearing if you are going to replace the crankshaft bearings you will need to remove the motor to replace them

Customer:

i think i just need to replace rod bearings ran low on oil and started a small knocking sound in lower part of engine hoping it didnt egg shape the connecting rod it can do that correct?

Roland :

when install the new bearing I would plastic gauge them to make sure that they are with in spec

Customer:

do you remove the bearing when you plastic gauge them or leave the bearing in and plastic gauge them

Roland :

When you install the new bearing you will torque them down just like you are putting them in then you will remove the low bearing cap just to see the measurement

Customer:

ok thank you