Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
12104952

I cant find the valet/override button...my truck wont start

I cant find the valet/override button...my truck wont start and I dont have the keyless entry...I keep reading online that I just need to push that button while my key is in until it churps...but my problem is i cant find its location...Ive read its under the dash to the left but i have been looking for hours...can you give a better desciption of what and where I can find it?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer Dodge my name isXXXXX realize that all my answers are based solely on the info you provide me....

Do you have an aftermarket alarm system on your vehicle?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no its a factory alarm

Ok, in that case, there is no override button.

So, you need to determine why it won't start. Does the starter turn the engine over?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
not at all... and checked my battery is good but my alarm light is flashing and it has never done that before...this when I checked my manuel...and it said my alarm is set, when flashing, and everything would be inoperable.
Ok, cycle the key in the door locks from lock to unlock and this should turn off the alarm. Do both doors if needed......assuming the pass door has a lock cylinder.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok so heres a crazy one....I did the lock/unlock and it did turn the alarm off...but I put my key in and turned it just before starting...evrything was back on all power...everything!...then I try and turn it over...and it does nothing and the alarm is back on and the lock/unlock doesnt work now...do ya think I have bigger problems that are just shutting everything down?

This might actually just be a case of a dead battery. Try a jump start or install another battery and see if that helps.

The dead battery could be causing the alarm to reset again.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
could the battery be dead even if the battery indicator is green?
Absolutely......those indicators are basically useless.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks for all your help its much appericiated...thx alot
You're very welcome.