Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES: Air Conditioning..000 miles..instrument panel…

Customer Question
Air Conditioning diagnosis on 2000...
Air Conditioning diagnosis on 2000 Dodge Intrepid ES, 237,000 miles, indicated leaking evaporator. Technician advised that repair would require instrument panel to be be removed to replace evaporator and that service procedure would take 8+ hours and cost approx $1000.00
Is this in line for a dealer repair?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/29/2010
Dodge Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Technician replied 8 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician
Hello, do you know if the $1000 quote included the evaportaor and the recharge of the system OR was this just the labor quote?