Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

readings..suction side 60 psi, discharge side fluctuates..humid…

Customer Question
what could cause these a/c...
what could cause these a/c pressure readings ? suction side 60 psi, discharge side fluctuates rapidly between 250 and 260. hot and humid conditions. 60 degree air from front unit and 70 degree air from rear unit
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/29/2010
Dodge Mechanic: Jim Barlogio, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Jim Barlogio
Jim Barlogio, ASE Certified Technician
Hi, Jim here, sounds like you have covered most bases. The low side is too high and the high side is a little low. If you run water over the condensor any change? Like to see the low side around 28 or so. You installed a new compressor and found no debris in the system correct? Is it possible that you have too much oil in the system? Did you flush all lines out ? Just shooting out some ideas. How long did you evacuate the system? Jim
Jim, I did not flush the system, the system was clean. I drained the old compressor and the new compressor and added back the amount from the old compressor to the new compressor. I have replaced the compressor twice. I evacuated the system for over 1 hour. I talked to the owner, they tell me that no one has worked on the sytem. When I replaced the components there did not seem to be an excessive amount of oil in the system. They also said the system has not been performing well for awhile. I have not run water over the condensor, I used a high speed fan. the fan clutch and radiator are both new and are performing well. engine temp is normal. This is a high mileage van 240k. I suspected a problem with the reed valves that is why I replaced the compressor. I know it is very rare to receive 2 faulty compressors. they did come from the same source. maby this added info will help. I know sometimes owners are not allways forthcoming or they forget what has been done. I can flush and restore the correct amount of oil to the system. Thanks Chuck

Ok... I had a Dodge van a few years ago and I seemed to have the same issue. You might try to evauate it a little longer. I have been where you have been. I will check back. Jim

Jim, I will perform a deep vacumn this evening and get back to you tomorrow.

Chuck C.

Hi Chuck,, Thanks, JB