Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2001 dodge grand caravan: van by glove compartment..blow..cool..vent…

Customer Question
have 2001 dodge grand caravan...
have 2001 dodge grand caravan when a/c was on full blast in front it started making loud noise at right side of van by glove compartment. now a/c does not blow in front you can feel it cool at vent but only when driving long distances. no problem with rear. what could it be?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/28/2010
Dodge Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help you with your question,

If the blower failed after making noise (behind the glove compartment) then the blower motor will need to be replaced. Unfortunatly the engineers designed your van so that the dashboard will have to be removed and the HVAC box opened to replace the motor.

There may be debris blocking the fan cage from spinning or the bearings in the motor may have failed but the result is the same, the dash has to come out to repair the motor.

Let me know if you have further questions about this

Thank you