Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2005 Dodge Neon: STX..Sedan..I begin to rack up miles

Customer Question
I am getting ready to...
I am getting ready to buy a 2005 Dodge Neon STX Sedan with 35k miles on it. I was wondering what I should worry about as I begin to rack up miles? Overall what is the rating on this car? Please be honest, I am going to college and need a reliable car.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/26/2010
Dodge Mechanic: Roland, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Roland
Roland, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is Roland

Can I get the last 9 of the vin so I can check the options?

What size engine?

I am sorry, I really don't know. He told me it was all stock, so whatever a stock engine is for a Dodge Neon.

Also, If you could just give me your opinion about the car from the knowledge you already have. It seemed to run smooth but I know nothing about cars.

The neon if taken care of is a very reliable car. The engine 2.0 or 2.4 Liter engine has one concern that more then like has been taken car of at that is the head gasket. The gasket leaks on the drivers side in the back of the head near the transmission. So if no leaks you will be ok. The only other thing I have seen go bad is the front lower control arm bushings separate and will cause tire wear and sometimes a clunking noise. These are the only things can be an issue with this vehicle. Once or if the head gasket has been replaced you should not need to have it done again. The bushings depending on road and weather condition will need to be replaced more than once in the vehicles life time.

I hope this is the information your looking for
Please let me know if you need more assistance
Thank you for using justanswer.com
Roland
Thank you very much Roland. I am not familiar with this site. I would like to pay you $5 for your time and effort, is that an option or not?
By pressing the accept button you will be paying me the amount that you specified when you set up the question. I do not know if you can change this amount.

Thank you for using justanswer.com
Roland