Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2004 dodge ram 1500 quad cab with infinity sound system.

Customer Question
stereo quit workin and i...
I have a 2004 dodge ram 1500 quad cab with infinity sound system. stereo quit workin and i can't figure it out. seems to be playing but no sound out of speakers( display all works) I checked fuses and they are good unhooked battery and let it set to try and reset but still doesn't work. any suggestions
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/25/2010
Dodge Mechanic: Roland, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Roland
Roland, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is Roland

On the radio system if there is a short in the speakers, wiring these will set a code inside the radio and will shut down the output to the speakers. To get the codes you will need to get a scanner and retrieve the codes from the radio. You can try your local auto parts store they may have a scanner and scan it for free.

Please let me know the codes so I can help narrow down the search for the concern
Thank you
Roland
how do i know if there is a short in speakers. there is no sound at all coming from them(static ,hiss or other wise
You will need to get the codes out of the Radio in order to find out what speaker or speakers is causing the issue. The radio can not shut off only one speaker, the radio shuts off all speakers to a void internal radio damage.

With out the code you can try to unplug one speaker at a time and then try the radio to see if the speakers will work. This can be time consuming since you will need to remove door panels and trim panels.

Thank you
Please let me know if I can assist you more
Roland
had system run it pulled no codes am going to try a garage with bigger computor 1st of week will let you know
Ok you will need to have the radio and amp checked for codes?
looks like i will have to go to dealership to run codes local garage can pull nothing on radio or amp