Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1993 dodge grand caravan: im driving..bump..light come..starts right…

Customer Question
I have a 1993 dodge...
I have a 1993 dodge grand caravan and when im driving and hit a bump in the road the engine cuts off and the check gauges light come on but i cut it off and it starts right up and i continue driving.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/19/2010
Dodge Mechanic: moparfl, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Which engine do you have?
3.3
This sounds like you have a wire that is shorting out. I would start the van and then wiggle the wiring harness to see if you can make it shut off so you will know what area to look in. One place to look is at the wiring harness over the top of the trans linkage they are bad about falling down on the linkage and causing this.
where is the trans linkage located on the motor
It is on the drivers side. the trans is bolted to the engine and the linkage is on top of the trans.