Dodge expert
Dodge expert, ASE Cert Technician
Experience:  30 years experience, ase certified,shop owner
22989858

1999 dodge: 1 ton 4x4 diesel i have put 3 injector pumps..it warms up

Customer Question

i have a 1999 dodge 1 ton 4x4 diesel i have put 3 injector pumps and pickup pumps on it and the problem is it want start after you drive it and it warms up. just wants to crank and crank. any solutions
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dodge expert replied 8 years ago.

Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.

As long as you a hearty checked both pumps and they're both working properly , the next most common thing the cause your problem would be a faulty crankshaft sensor , and I've also seen the ECU cause this in the past . Checked the crankshaft sensor a if that is good I would suspect a faulty ECU . The Violet/White should have a 5v reference. The Black should have less than 50mv and the Grey wire is the signal wire. There should be a 5v square wave signal when cranking.

But again be sure there's no problem with fuel pumps and there's no air getting into the fuel system because that is much much more common of a cause

Edited by sean on 6/18/2010 at 11:03 AM EST