Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I put it on hotter temp it doesnt seem to get very warm

Customer Question
My heat doesn't vary much...
My heat doesn't vary much. When I put it on hotter temp it doesn't seem to get very warm. What is my next step?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/17/2010
Dodge Mechanic: moparfl, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Does it only get warm and never gets real hot?

Yes, I would say that
Most likely the heater core is stopped up. if you will take the two heater hoses loose and flush the core out with compressed air or a high pressure water hose most likely this will clean the core out so that the coolant will get though it and will let the air get good and hot.

I sent you a follow-up question last Thurs. or Fri. Maybe you didn't get it....

Do I have to drain the radiator to take the two heater hoses loose or can I just stop up the hoses and then blow the heater core out? Can I get to this from under the car? I do not need to take out the dash or anything that difficult do I? Is this heater core beteen the firewall and the engine block?

thanks for this information.

Ted

thanks for this information.

Ted
You dont need to remove the heater hoses to do this.You will need to remove the radiators hoses to do this and to get to the lower hose this is done from the bottom of your truck.The heater core is inside of your truck under the dash