Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2000 ram slt and the ac works..hot air..vacuum line…

Customer Question
I have a 2000 ram...
I have a 2000 ram slt and the ac works great for a few min/secs and the a flap or plenum closes and very hot air comes out. I am guessing that it involves a vacuum line but I have no idea where to look. Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/12/2010
Dodge Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech replied 8 years ago
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech
are you sure its not the compressor turning off, have you look at the compressor to see if the center clutch is turning, the pulley and the center clutch on the pulley have to be turning together.
No....The sound of the flap/plenum is very clear. It usually happens when the rpms go down or when brakes are applied
ok then its probably a vacuum problem first we need to check the vacuum at the control head remove the control head and remove the vacuum harness at the back of the control head and check for vacuum to one of the hoses here is the schematic that will help to diagnose better.

where is this located please?...under hood?...under dash..?
the control head is the climate control head at the center console below or above the radio is the a/c and heater controls, remove that to get access to the vacuum harness