Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

starts fine..extended period of time is a bogger bear to get restarted…

Customer Question
starts fine first time in...
starts fine first time in morning but if you stop at store or enroute without letting it sit for a extended period of time is a bogger bear to get restarted
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/10/2010
Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 8 years ago
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Are there any codes in the computer?
-What model is your Dodge?
-How many miles are on your Dodge?
-What type of engine is in your Dodge?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

no codes 2001 130000 5.9 cummins change seperator

Gotcha!

I will leave this question open for other experts.

thanks for trying for anybody else like i said it starts great after sitting or first thing in the morning
Dodge Mechanic: Dodge expert, ASE Cert Technician replied 8 years ago
Dodge expert
Dodge expert, ASE Cert Technician

Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.

This is most commonly caused by a faulty transfer fuel pump do this test and if that does not pass replace the pump thank you .

Test the transfer pump operation. It should run for 25 seconds after bumping the starter over. It should produce 10-17 PSI fuel pressure and should produce 45 ounces of fuel during the 25 second