Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

going on lighting bolt and bas lights come..dealers..cant find…

Customer Question
ok guys the 2 on...
ok guys the 2 on this list the same thing i have going on lighting bolt and bas lights come on the car dies but starts back up the dealers ive been to cant find anything what is it
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/9/2010
Dodge Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician replied 8 years ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

Welcome to Just Answer Dodge my name isXXXXX realize that all my answers are based solely on the info you provide me....

What fault codes are being set in the computer memory?

there is none ive had to to dealers
Ok, if there are no codes......then there isn't enough to go on, so I will have to opt out and send this back to the other experts.
Dodge Mechanic: Roland, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Roland
Roland, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is Roland

Have you had the spark plugs replaced before this started happening?

Do you know if the dealer checked all modules for codes?

the dealer found nothing on codes the car ad 63000 miles and had the problem i cant give any more info i have none

mark

If you can you can take the car to an auto parts store and they should scan the vehicle for codes for free.

Can you tell me how and when it happens? This may give me a little more insight to the concern.

for instance: idle after running for a while, coming to a stop after a longer run, when turning the steering wheel, putting into gear, engine temp, rpm, what input makes the vehicle duplicate the concern, etc...

roland

i use to work on cars alot i have a scanner ive used it alot and scanned many cars with it i have taking it with me i travel for work ive hooked up as soon as it happens there is no codes coming up

mark

What causes this concern to happen?