Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge: nitro..25 mph, what do i need to do? what is causing problem…

Customer Question
my dodge nitro rt will...
my dodge nitro rt will not run over 25 mph, what do i need to do? what is causing problem?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dodge
4/16/2010
Dodge Mechanic: Matt Hardy, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Matt Hardy
Matt Hardy, ASE Certified Technician

Hello.

When you get up to 25 mph, what does the tachometer read? Is the engine revving very high?

Is the check engine light on?

tac seem normal, engine is not revving, no check engine light, thought it might just be in computer system someway. Is there something in computer system that makes it think it has rolled over or something like that? I've been reading all i can find about safety features on this car and thought something is making it think that, I don't know, I been trying to figure it out.

Norman

No, there is no rollover sensor that would keep it from running.

This might be a problem with the electronic throttle system.

Check the air filter first.

Then try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes.

Then reconnect the battery and see if it runs better.

Matt,

The car starts up fine and runs fine, just can not get over 35 mph, I'll check the things you said and see what happens. It is just blowing my brain in solving problem. I hope it is one of your ideas. Thank you for you help, Is there someway to get back to you later ?

Hopefully one of your ideas will work, I would like to if it does.

if it works, Thank You,

Norman

Post back here when you are ready.

Or, go to Just Answer website, log in, click 'my questions', click your question and respond.

Matt Hardy
Matt Hardy, ASE Certified Technician
If you need more help, let me know.