Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Dodge & Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

99 durango: drivers door window..roll..door panel..cable tensioner

The drivers door window on my 99 durango won't roll up or down. With the door panel removed, the cables appear intact, and the motor turns & moves the cables. It seems like the cable tensioner just came loose, but I can't figure out where it goes.

If the Motor runs & the Window does not move, it is the Regulator Cables & there is no repair. You will need to replace the Regulator.
It is recommended that the Regulator & Motor be replaced as a Unit

If you need removal procedures, let me know

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

If you can give me the disassembly / reassembly instructions, that would be great; I will accept your answer.

I usually use duct tape over the top of the window frame to hold the Glass when taking out the regulator

Here is Dodge procedures

click below

REMOVE REGULATOR