jeepmopar76
jeepmopar76, Dodge/Chrysler Triple Master Tech
Experience:  32 yr ASE Master Tech,9 yr Chrysler Master Tech, 13 years Dodge dealership service
16831211

my truck is making a clicking noise when i accelerate. it sounds

my truck is making a clicking noise when i accelerate. it sounds like it is coming from the front driveshaft. where the shaft meets the front diff. i drive a 2002 dodge dakota. could you help me figure out what might possibly be wrong?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  jeepmopar76 replied 7 years ago.
Take the front drive shaft off, and see if the noise goes away. The clicking may be in the u joint.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
im not in a place where i can take it off. i live on campus at my school and we cant do automotive work here. if it is the ujoint, how much is it typically to have them replaced?

I would then go to a garage for an estimate; it may be something else, and they will be able to put it up in the air to check out.

A u joint at the Dealer would be about $100, for the part and 2 hours labor; at a local garage the labor rate would be cheaper, and an aftermarket u joint would be around $35-$50