Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

How do you locate access door on 2006 Chrysler town & country

van [3.3l] in order to...
How do you locate access door on 2006 Chrysler town & country van [3.3l] in order to replace the air cabin filter? Owner's manual says it's located under glovebox passenger side but i can see cutouts but how do i remove the cover? There is no tab to pull.
1/8/2010
brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician

Here is information on how to service it:

• Locate the air filter door on the bottom of the lower front HVAC housing just outboard of the passenger side of the instrument panel center stack.
  • Slide the air filter door latch toward the rear of the vehicle until it engages the opened stop on the door.
  • Pull the air filter door straight downward to disengage it from the air filter opening of the HVAC housing.
  • Use your fingers to reach through the air filter opening of the HVAC housing far enough to grasp the air filter.
  • Pull the air filter straight down and out of the HVAC housing.
  •  

graphic

I need help in locating door. I have removed plastic trimpiece on lower centre console and saw 2 electrical plugs to a computer(looking from passenger side) but cannot find anything like diagram. Help.

Are you under the passenger's side of the dash looking towards the center?

Exactly. Maybe you could direct me from the computer plugs at the console.Is it further back towards the firewall?
    It is right below the glove box
    As i mentioned before, there are some outlines on the hvac unit and the size seems the same as the cabin filter but i have to cut it open with an exacto knife. I think i should mention the speedometer is in miles (normally in kms in Canada).Would the vin # XXXXX you? Maybe this van is different.

Here is another picture that might help. If not send the vin#

Here is the vin: 1A4GP45R46B583284. Also if i do the cutouts, the only way the filter can fit is 'vertical' (not as shown in last picture).
    What part is #4? Also, where it says 'FWD' showing an electrical wire, where does this belong? I have already checked the owner's manual and a haynes manual but so far no luck.
    It would be where the pictured showed if the vehicle has one, but only the three zone temperature control systems have it so you must not have the three zone system.
    Does this mean my vehicle does not have a cabin filter judging by the vin#? Should i ask the dealer?
    I have all the information the dealer does. If the vehicle doesn't have rear heat and a/c and the front have separate controls for the heat and a/c for the driver side and passenger side then it doesn't have one.
    Thanks for your utmost help. I would have continued looking for it which means taking the dash apart. Would you know if the 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan (3.3l) has a cabin filter since i now have to sell the one i bought?
    Do you have the vin on it?
    VIN # XXXXX XXXXX
    Wont be able to check until tomorrow but normally if it has separate controls and rear heat and a/c it uses a filter.
    Okay. Looking forward to your reply tomorrow.
    Thank you.
    This vehicle does not have a cabin air filter
    brownjeff
    brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
    I am thoroughly impressed with your expeditious response and your enlightening answers. Will i be able to ask for you by name at a future date for your expert advice?Please look for your bonus and thank you for all your help.

Your welcome. When asking a question in the future just start it out by saying "this question is for BrownJeff" and the other experts will leave it alone.

Thanks,

JB

brownjeff
    brownjeff
    brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician