Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How do you change starter on 2002 Dodge Intrepid?

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2010
Dodge Mechanic: b5demon, Dodge Technician replied 8 years ago
b5demon
b5demon, Dodge Technician
which engine do you have?
2.7 V6

they actaully want you to jack up the engine and loosen the motor mounts to make enough room to get the starter out here is the info from the service info

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative remote cable from remote ground post
  2. Raise vehicle.
  3. Remove three bolts attaching starter to engine
  4. Remove battery positive feed wire from starter.
  5. Remove starter solenoid assembly from transmission housing. Position the starter to gain access to the Connector Positive Assurance (CPA) wiring connector.
  6. Position jack stand beneath engine and slightly lift to relieve pressure from left engine mount.
  7. Remove three left engine mount mounting bolts from engine block.
  8. Jack engine up slightly to give more room to maneuver starter assembly.
  9. Slide rear of starter motor out between catalyst and engine mount.
  10. Disconnect posi-lock starter solenoid connector.
  11. Remove the starter from vehicle.
b5demon
b5demon, Dodge Technician