Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

SIDE TURN SIGNAL BULB-2009 1500 RAM..BOLTS

Customer Question
TRYING TO REPLACE FRONT DRV...
TRYING TO REPLACE FRONT DRV. SIDE TURN SIGNAL BULB-2009 1500 RAM TRK. I REMOVED 2 BOLTS UNDER HOOD AND 1 FROM INSIDE FENDER WELL. SEEMS LOSE BUT WONT COME STRAIGHT OUT?????
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Dodge
12/3/2009
Dodge Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician replied 7 years ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

There is an Access Panel in the wheel liner (you may have to turn wheel inward to access). Open access panel and locate Slider Mechanism, high on the back of the headlamp, slide it upwards to release the lamp. Then pull lamp forward away from vehicle. There is a Ball Stud and Socket holding the Lower outboard corner you will have to overcome. DO NOT loosen or remove screw that is visible through the opened access panel. On DS it has no effect on headlamp removal, it is part of the carrier assembly. Be sure to replace fender to headlamp wedge if it falls off.

Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
only accsess opening in fender well is to a nut holding the corner??
mark its a 2007 ram 1500

Ahhhhh......you had 2009 in your question.......ok no problem.

graphic

1.Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2.Remove the oval-shaped rubber access hole plug from the forward upper outboard surface of the front fender wheel liner (4).
3.Reach through the wheel liner access hole to remove the nut (5) that secures the stud on the lower outboard corner of the front lamp unit (3) housing to the fender headlamp mounting panel.
4.With the hood panel opened, remove the two screws (2) that secure the inboard side of the lamp housing to the mounting panel.
5.

Grasp the lamp firmly and pull straight forward to disengage the ball stud on the upper outboard corner of the lamp from the plastic grommet (1) in the mounting panel.

6.Pull the lamp away from the fender far enough to access and disconnect the three wire harness connections (4) from the headlamp bulb (2), the park/turn signal bulb socket (3) and the side marker bulb socket (5) on the back of the lamp housing.
7.Remove the front lamp unit (1) from the fender.

Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician