sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I need to know how to remove the Transmission Cooler line off

I need to know how to remove the Transmission Cooler line off the radiator on a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The upper line is a regular fitting that you would use a wrench for. I'm assuming you are talking about the lower line? This uses a quick connect fitting. Inside the fitting on the hose side there are spring loaded fingers that grab a ridge on the hard fitting coming out of the radiator. You'll need a quick connect removal tool to remove the line.

You can get a set of the tools pretty inexpensively at Sears or a parts store.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00946337000P?keyword=disconnect

You will put the tool over the short hard line coming out of the bottom of the radiator. Push the trans line towards the radiator, the slide the tool up into the quick connect fitting to release the spring tabs. Then you can pull the line off the radiator.