How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Randall C Your Own Question
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician
Category: Dodge
Satisfied Customers: 12835
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 years Diag/Electrical Specialist
Type Your Dodge Question Here...
Randall C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2003 intrepid: the flasher unit..controls..turn signals..brake pedal

Resolved Question:

I have a 2003 intrepid. I need to replace the flasher unit that controls the hazards and turn signals. I located it under the dash, above the emergency brake a very awkward spot...but I cannot remove it. I need advice on how to remove and replace this flasher.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Randall C replied 7 years ago.

Hello, you need to pull it rearward to remove


The Combination Flasher, also referred to as the combo-flasher, is mounted to the in-line bracket which is located to the right of the Junction Block. The flasher can be removed by pulling in a rearward direction. The left under panel silencer duct must be removed to access the flasher. The combo-flasher is black in color for ease of identification.

The Turn Signal and Hazard Warning Flasher is combined into one unit called a Combination Flasher (Combo-Flasher). The combo-flasher controls the flashing of the hazard warning system and the turn signal system. An inoperative bulb or incomplete turn signal circuit will result in an increase in flasher speed.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I tried that but I must not be doing something right. Can you verify for me the location of the left under panel silencer duct?
Expert:  Randall C replied 7 years ago.

The panel is the one under the dash that would have to come down to look up under dash or above where feet go. The flasher is located to the right of the junction block(fuse box) and to left of brake pedal. It should have about 5 wires going to it. Red, Pink, Black, Dk blue/pink, black/yellow etc.. It is clipped on a bracket and needs to slide to rear or slide off. No pix to send sorry.

Randall C and 6 other Dodge Specialists are ready to help you