Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Does my 1988 dodge ram 1500 have an ignition control module?

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dodge
11/4/2009
Dodge Mechanic: DODGEEXPERT, Dodge Technician replied 8 years ago
DODGEEXPERT
DODGEEXPERT, Dodge Technician
Hello and thank you for your post. Yes it has a module for the ignition.It is located by the distributor.
We still cant seem to find it. And no where in the manual does it say anything about an ignition control module.
There is no diagram for me to show you where it is over the internet but here is a part number that you should be able to take to your dealer and they should be able to locate it for you.
Parts Information
Part OEM Part Price
Ignition Control Module 4111850 $66.35 Notes
Labor Skill
Level
Mfg.
Warranty
Standard
Ignition Control Module
Replace B 0.2 0.5 Notes
After Distributor Is Removed.

We finally found it on our own. It is in the actual computer. Have to replace the whole computer.
Glad we could help.
DODGEEXPERT
DODGEEXPERT
DODGEEXPERT, Dodge Technician