Howard
Howard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Over 20 Years of Experience in auto repair; owner of Duncan's Mobile Automotive, LLC for 7 yrs
6712554

Engine will not idle- 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L. When engine

Engine will not idle- 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L. When engine gets up to operating temp, it dies. It doesn't start to run rough, it just dies at idle. Have replaced the intake gasket, engine coolant sensor, intake air sensor, and idle air control valve. Stumped.
Hello, I didn't see where you had the vehicle scanned for any codes, if not try that and see what codes you have. If you don't have any codes I would recommend cleaning your throttle body and replacing the Throttle Position Sensor. I have replaced many of the tps sensor on these vehicles doing basically the same thing. If you don't have any luck with these repairs: Look on the left front side of the throttle body and you will see a small plug, almost like a small freeze plug in the block. Behind there is a small torx screw which is the stop screw for the throttle. Knock out the plug with a small pointed object, punch or even screw a drywall screw into it and pull out the plug. Turn the screw clock-wise to increase the idle some until it doesn't shut off. I have seen where this pin wears on the end and will cause the butterfly in the throttle to close up too much and shut off air to the engine. I think if you do these repairs you will be good to go it has worked for me every time. If you are happy with my answer please click accept, if not please don't leave negative feedback I will help you all I can just ask. Regards Howard