Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Certified Technician with 13 years of experience
14297198

where can i get wiring diagram for a diagnostic port for a

where can i get wiring diagram for a diagnostic port for a 2002 dodge dakota?
Do no need just the connector pinnout or an diagrams of all the wires in the dlc?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the diagram of the wiring for just the scanner port

Ok, here's the pinnout of the scanner port, as well as diagrams of the wiring for the port.

graphic

DATA LINK CONNECTOR - BLACK 16 WAY

CAVCIRCUITFUNCTION
1--
2D25 20VT/YLPCI BUS
3--
4Z12 18BK/TNGROUND
5Z1 18BKGROUND
7D21 20PK/WTSCI TRANSMIT
8--
9D6 20PK/LBSCI RECEIVE (TCM)
10--
11--
12D20 20LGSCI RECEIVE (PCM)
13--
15D15 18WT/DGNOT USED
16M1 20PKFUSED B(+)

graphic

graphic

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the wires for the replacement diagnostic port all came in the same color.so if there is a way that i can get a color coded diagram i would greatly appreciate it.

The pinout listing is color coded,

pin 2 is violet and yellow

pin 4 is black and tan

pin 5 is black

pin 7 is pink and white

pin 9 is link and light blue

pin 12 is light green

pin 15 is white and dark green

pin 16 is pink.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Josh is this somthing that i can do myself or should i take to the profesionals to do?
You should be able to do it, just cut and splice one wire at a time until you're done, and make sure they're in the correct hole, out of curiousity why are you replacing the connector?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
all of my dash lights came on one day.come to find out all the wires were all touching because the plastic port piece was broken.don't know how but it happened.the reason i asked if i can do it is because the wires are all taped off at the ends and basically just hang there.the old piece was thrown away by a mecanic.what is the worst thing that can happen if i happen to get a wire in the wrong hole?

The only thing that will happen if you put them in the wrong holes is the scan tool won't be able to communicate, so don't worry about damaging anything.

The wire that was causing you the issues is the pci bus wire that goes in pin 2, if that touches any other wire or ground your pci communication bus goes down and you get the problems you had.

As long as all of the terminals are still on the wires you should be able to just slide them into position with no splicing needed.

Any other questions?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I think this will be all.Thank you very much Josh! if you ever decide to go on vacation to mexico,and you destination just happens to be puerto penasco sonora (rocky point), be sure to look up jose at the BooBar! You've earned yourself a drink! www.boobar.net
You're welcome, if you could please hit accept before you go it would be much appreciated.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You got it!!

P.s.
Don't believe all the bad hype about mexico!! Iv'e been here for 7 years and it's been the best move ever!

Aside from getting there it seems like a pretty reasonably priced place to vacation, if I ever take one that is.