How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Dodge Technician
Category: Dodge
Satisfied Customers: 4141
Experience:  Over 24 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.
Type Your Dodge Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm trying to remove the valve body on a 46re transmission.

Resolved Question:

I'm trying to remove the valve body on a 46re transmission. I have all the bolts removed, but I can't figure out how to remove the linkage for the TV cable. What do I need to do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.
You need to use a 7/16" wrench to loosen the bolt on the throttle valve lever and gearshift lever then use a couple of screw drivers to pry the levers off. You also need to remove the e-clip from the park pawl rod when the gearshift is in manual low, it is in the drivers side above valve body. I hope this helps, thanks!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
When you say that the gear shift is in manual low, do you mean that I have to shift the truck into first gear?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.
Yes you do! You can do that after removing the shift rod from the shift lever then manually rotate the lever
Richard and 7 other Dodge Specialists are ready to help you