Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

1982 Brougham: motor home..it and a Dodge van cab..egr valve

Customer Question
We recently bought a 1982...
We recently bought a 1982 Brougham motorhome with a 1979 Dodge 360 engine in it and a Dodge van cab. We live in California and we are having a hard time figuring out where to locate the correct egr valve for it. We need it to pass the smog test. Online sites always want you to select a model, which doesn't work for us because the model is a second party company. The company is no longer in business. How can we find out which van model our engine is like? Also, where might we locate the correct egr valve? The one that was removed is not an original part. It has the numbers E 90-492-35 and below that 0355-4. The local Dodge dealer gave us this part # XXXXX He said there is only one left and it is in Virginia. Is this the correct part. Our mechanic has been dinking around with getting it smogged for over a month. I think we should have just put a rebuilt engine in it, but our he seems to be resistant to that. Thank you for your time. Laura and Ted
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/14/2009
Dodge Mechanic: david, Auto Service Technician replied 8 years ago
david
david, Auto Service Technician
Hi thank you for your question hope this helps.

Yes this is the right part number for the 1979 dodge 360

The dodge 360 was used in these model vans and trucks
B200 3/4 ton van, B300 1 ton van, Dodge CB300, The D100, D150, D200, D300 Pick up trucks,

I use a parts suppler on line that has your RGE valve with fast shipping, even over night if you like. The part runs around $27.00 + shipping

http://www.trademotion.com/shoppingcart/index.cfm?action=viewCart&siteid=214727

Hope this helps
Good luck
david
david, Auto Service Technician
Hi and thank you for your help. We actually bought an egr valve from Kragens today and our mechanic said he'd rather have one from Dodge. The one we have from Kragen is made by Niehoff. On the box it says FE186A and there's a sticker on top of the valve that someone has written 44287672. Would this valve work? I look forward to hearing from you and thanks again.
david
david
david, Auto Service Technician