Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

2007 dodge magnum getting dtc p1004 what does this mean

4/9/2009
brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician

I will attach the information on this code. If you still need help just reply, if not click ACCEPT when we are done.

Thanks,

JB

P1004-SHORT RUNNER VALVE CONTROL PERFORMANCE

For complete wiring diagrams refer to Diagrams/Electrical.

• When Monitored:

With the engine run time above a calibrated value, battery voltage greater than 10.4 volts , ECT within a specific range, and the Short Runner Valve Assembly control active.

• Set Condition:

This PCM compares the circuit feedback to a calibrated closed range when the circuit is de-energized or to a calibrated open range when the circuit is energized. If the value is determined to be out of the calibrated range in either the de-energized or energized state for more than a calibrated amount of time, this DTC will set.

Always perform the Pre-Diagnostic Troubleshooting procedure before proceeding.

Diagnostic Test

1. DTC IS ACTIVE

Turn the ignition on.
With the scan tool, Clear DTCs in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).
With the scan tool, actuate the SRV Solenoid Control State.
With the scan tool, select View DTCs.

Is the status Active for this DTC?

Yes

• Go to 2

No

2. (F343) ASD RELAY OUTPUT CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE

Turn the ignition off.
Disconnect the Short Runner Valve Assembly harness connector.
Turn the ignition on.
With the scan tool, actuate the Auto Shutdown (ASD) Relay Control State.
Using a 12 volt test light connected to ground, check the (F343) ASD Relay Output circuit in the Short Runner Valve Assembly harness connector.

NOTE: The test light should be illuminated and bright. Compare the brightness to that of a direct connection to the battery.

Is the test light illuminated and bright?

Yes

• Go to 3

No

3. (K236) SRV CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND

Turn the ignition off.
Disconnect the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) connector.
Measure the resistance between ground and the (K236) SRV Control circuit in the Short Runner Valve Assembly harness connector.

Is the resistance above 100 ohms?

Yes

• Go to 4

No

4. (K236) SRV CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE

CAUTION: Do not probe the PCM harness connectors. Probing the PCM harness connectors will damage the PCM terminals, resulting in poor terminal to pin connection. Install Miller Special Tool #8815 to perform diagnosis.

Measure the resistance of the (K236) SRV Control circuit between the Short Runner Valve Assembly harness connector and the appropriate terminal of special tool #8815.

Is the resistance below 5.0 ohms?

Yes

• Go to 5

No

5. SHORT RUNNER VALVE ASSEMBLY

Connect the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) connector.
Turn the ignition on.
With the scan tool, actuate the SRV Solenoid Control State to toggle.
Using a 12 volt test light connected to 12 volts , check the (K236) SRV Control circuit in the Short Runner Valve Assembly harness connector.

NOTE: If the DTC is active, the actuation test may not be allowed by the PCM. If may be necessary to clear the DTCs before starting the actuation.

NOTE: The test light should illuminate on and off with the actuation.

Does the test light illuminate on and off with the actuation?

Yes

No

• Go to 6

6. POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

Using the wiring diagram/schematic as a guide, inspect the wiring and connectors between the Short Runner Valve Assembly and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).
Look for any chafed, pierced, pinched, or partially broken wires.
Look for broken, bent, pushed out or corroded terminals.
Refer to any Technical Service Bulletins that may apply.

Were any problems found?

Yes

No

brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
brownjeff
brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician