Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

Main bearing cap bolt torque specs

main bearing cap bolt torque specs
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
Can you tell us the year, model, and engine size of the dodge you are working on? This info was not listed when your question posted! Thanks!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
2003 dodge ram 1500 4.7 liter
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.

On this engine, there is a series of steps to go through to properly tighten the bedplate. There is also a step where you need to tighten certain bolts to a proper torque angle. Here is the order in which these are to be done with an illustration showing the exact bolt reference following that. Feel free to contact me with any questions!

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

On bolts 1-10 you are calling for 25 in lbs and then 90 degrees. We have a rebuilt motor that was sent to us with bolts 3 and 4 in the wrong place, and we need to change thier position, and 25 in lbs doesn't seem like enough, shouldn't it be 25 ft lbs like A-L?

Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
I am pretty sure that this is correct. If you prefer I will get you a second opinion for this. I did one of these three years ago and my mind is not good enough to remember the exact specs, but I am sure one of the other online experts also would have this info.