How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Eric Your Own Question
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Category: Dodge
Satisfied Customers: 32542
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
Type Your Dodge Question Here...
Eric is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

1998 dodge dakota: heater hose..water pump..wiggle..the bracket moves

Customer Question

My 1998 dodge dakota is leaking coolant from one of the heater hose fittings on the water pump. This tube is connected to a bracket connected to the engine. When I wiggle the hose the bracket moves and coolant leaks out. Do I have to change the water pump to fix this or can I replace the hose tube going into the water pump?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 8 years ago.



You can change just the pipe. Make sure you use a new o-ring on the end of it, lubricated with coolant before you install it.



Eric and 2 other Dodge Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks Eric you are awesome!!