Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I lost my key to my 1993 dodge dakota and cant afford new ignition

Customer Question
switch or cylinder until wednesday...
I lost my key to my 1993 dodge dakota and cant afford new ignition switch or cylinder until wednesday is there any way to hot wire vehicle because i am illegally parked at apartment complex and landlord is having a cow and threatens to tow it away please help
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Dodge
9/28/2008
Dodge Mechanic: TIM, SERVICE MANAGER replied 9 years ago
TIM
TIM, SERVICE MANAGER
hello, there is not any way to hotwire with out major expense-- when you find the keys move truck and say goodbye forever to "jerk" boyfriend,tim

thats not a good answer any one else have a suggestion

i am sorry -- there is not an easy way to hot wire without causing damage- to the system in place--. you can go to local dealer and get a key cut with proof of ownership and then move the truck -- other than that it is your call!!!,tim
TIM
TIM
TIM, SERVICE MANAGER