TIM
TIM, SERVICE MANAGER
Experience:  DODGE SERVICE MANAGER- 20 + YEARS
6531745

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan: swapped..the wiring diagram..blower motor

Customer Question

My 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan front fan motor stopped working. I checked the fuse and it looks good, even swapped the fuse with same rating and no change.I looked at the wiring diagram and think it may be the thermal fuse in the blower motor resister. Do you know where this item is located and how to test it?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  TIM replied 9 years ago.
  • Using an ohmmeter, check for continuity between all of the blower motor resistor terminals. In each case there should be continuity. If OK, repair the wire harness circuits between the blower motor switch and the blower motor resistor or blower motor as required. If not OK, replace the faulty blower motor resistor.
  • it is behind the glove box
  • 1 - BLOWER MOTOR RESISTOR
    2 - INSTRUMENT PANEL WIRE HARNESS
    3 - SCREW (2)
    4 - GLOVE BOX OPENING REINFORCEMENT
    5 - BLOWER MOTOR PIGTAIL WIRE HARNESS
    6 - HVAC HOUSING