Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Dodge avenger: The fuel pumps had a recall in 1998

Customer Question
the dodge avenger 1998 had...
the dodge avenger 1998 had the computer sensor replace and still will not run, just shuts off while driving. The fuel pumps had a recall in 1998. Pump has been replaced. Do not know what the problem is, have to depend on men to see about it. Can you please help me.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Dodge
3/13/2008
Dodge Mechanic: HITECH526, technician replied 9 years ago
HITECH526
HITECH526, technician
Thank you for your question. This is very common and there are multible things that could cause this symptom. Usually it is caused by a faulty crankshaft position sensor. But before I say that is your problem let me ask you a few questions. Does the engine just shut off while driving at highway speeds? How long does it take to start back up? Have you ever had the computer scanned for trouble codes?
Reply to HITECH526's Post: the car shuts off when driving around town, they tested the car and said it was the computer sensor, I am lost on this.I will get one put on, the car does not run hot, or no light on dash come on.
When you say the term computer sensor, I assume you are talking about the On board diagnostic computer. That could be the problem but there has to be some reason the mechanic has come to that concusion. Have they told you anything about why they say it is bad?
HITECH526
HITECH526, technician
HITECH526
HITECH526
HITECH526, technician