Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a 2002 jeep grand cherokee. the problem is the power ...

Customer Question
I have a 2002 jeep...
I have a 2002 jeep grand cherokee. the problem is the power window will not go up and other windows do not work. can not find fuss for power window.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Dodge
2/22/2008
Dodge Mechanic: mndave0002, engineer replied 9 years ago
mndave0002
mndave0002, engineer

Hi, welcome to Justanswer.com

I believe you have a problem with the power window switch or control module. I would also believe they are more than likely having problems in the drivers side. The drivers side effects all the windows. Also the windows are driven on a fuse in your junction box. on the left hand drivers door jamb acess panel. Removing the switch sometimes will solve this problem becausse they get poor connections through the switch and just unplugging them and plugging them back in will free up to poor connections.

The other electronic modules that may affect power window system operation are as follows:

² Body Control Module (BCM) -

² Driver Door Module (DDM) -

² Passenger Door Module (PDM) -

DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING

Following are tests that will help to diagnose the hard wired components and circuits of the power window system. However, these tests may not prove conclusive in the diagnosis of this system. In order to obtain conclusive testing of the power window system, the Programmable Communications Interface (PCI) data bus network and all of the electronic modules that provide inputs to, or receive outputs from the power window system components must be checked. The most reliable, efficient, and accurate means to diagnose the power window system requires the use of a DRB scan tool and the proper Diagnostic Procedures manual. The DRB scan tool can provide confirmation that the PCI data bus is functional, that all of the electronic modules are sending and receiving the proper messages on the PCI data bus, and that the power window motors are being sent the proper hard wired outputs by the door modules for them to perform their power window system functions. For complete circuit diagrams, refer to the appropriate wiring information. The wiring information includes wiring diagrams, proper wire and connector repair procedures, details of wire harness routing and retention, connector pin-out information and location views for the various wire harness connectors, splices and grounds.

ALL WINDOWS INOPERATIVE

(1) Check the operation of the power lock switch on the driver side front door. If all of the doors lock and unlock, but none of the power windows operate, use a DRB scan tool and the proper Diagnostic Procedures manual to check the Body Control Module (BCM), the Driver Door Module (DDM) and the PCI data bus for proper operation. If not OK, go to Step 2.

(2) Check the operation of the power lock switch on the passenger side front door. If the passenger doors lock and unlock, but the driver side front door does not, go to Step 5. If all of the power locks and power windows are inoperative from both front doors, go to Step 3.

(3) Check the fused B(+) fuse in the Power Distribution Center (PDC). If OK, go to Step 4. If not OK, repair the shorted circuit or component as required and replace the faulty fuse.

(4) Check for battery voltage at the fused B(+) fuse in the PDC. If OK, go to Step 5. If not OK, repair the open fused B(+) circuit to the battery as required.

(5) Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable. Remove the trim panel from the driver side front door. Disconnect the 15-way door wire harness connector from the DDM connector receptacle. Check for continuity between the ground circuit cavity of the 15-way door wire harness connector for the DDM and a good ground. There should be continuity. If OK, go to Step 6. If not OK, repair the open ground circuit to ground as required.

(6) Reconnect the battery negative cable. Check for battery voltage at the fused B(+) circuit cavity of the 15-way door wire harness connector for the DDM. If OK, replace the faulty DDM. If not OK, repair the open fused B(+) circuit to the fuse in the PDC as required.

hope this helps.______________
PLEASE CLICK ON "ACCEPT" IF I WAS HELPFUL-OR IF YOU NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE JUST ASK, THANKS

How did the switches check out? Did this solve the problem??

hope this helps______________
PLEASE CLICK ON "ACCEPT" IF I WAS HELPFUL I DO NOT GET CREDIT TILL YOU DO EVEN IF YOU LEAVE A DEPOSIT -OR IF YOU NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE JUST ASK, THANKS

mndave0002
mndave0002
mndave0002, engineer