Steve
Steve, Service Manager
Experience:  25+ Years experience as a professional working automotive technician; ASE L1 master technician
157173

1991 Dodge Dakota: Crankshaft Sensor..a 3.9L Engine I

Customer Question

1991 Dodge Dakota Crankshaft Sensor location on a 3.9L Engine I need to change this and can not find it.Help!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Steve replied 10 years ago.

Hello!

The service manuals are not very helpful here either, it seems; although there are part numbers listed for teh several different crankshaft position sensors used in that model year, the manuals do not show the location or have any illustrations of location.

From what I remember of that particular model, I believe the crankshaft position sensor is mounted in the top of the bell housing and is triggered by the flywheel in the vehicle. Check the top of the bell housing for an electrical component mounted on top of teh bell; that would be the crankshaft position sensor.

Hope this is helpful; if so, please click my accept button! Thanks!

Expert:  Steve replied 10 years ago.

Greetings;

I have noticed that for some reason you have not yet accepted the answer I provided for your question. Please click the accept button to complete payment of the amount you have offered for assistance; if you still require help with this question, then please let me know.... thanks!