Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

how to change a power steering pump 2003 dodge caravan

Customer Question
removing power steering pump 2003...
removing power steering pump 2003 dodge caravan
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Dodge
1/3/2007
Dodge Mechanic: vipertech763, automotive technician replied 11 years ago
vipertech763
vipertech763, automotive technician
  1. Remove the (-) negative battery cable from the battery and isolate cable.
  2. Remove the wiper module.
  3. Gain access to the underside of vehicle either on a lift or jackstands
  4. Remove the drive belt splash shield.
  5. Remove the pressure hose routing bracket bolt.
  6. Lower the vehicle back on the ground.
  7. Remove cap from power steering fluid reservoir.
  8. Using a siphon pump, remove as much power steering fluid as possible from the power steering fluid reservoir.
  9. Disconnect the pressure hose from the pump.
  10. Disconnect the fluid supply hose from the pump.
  11. Remove the three front mounting bolts through the front of the pulley.
  12. Remove the pump (with pulley) through the engine compartment rocking it over the aluminum bracket and up.

Let me know if this helps or if you need further info.

vipertech763
vipertech763
vipertech763, automotive technician