Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Po633 DTc on 2003 dodge ram 3500 5.9L diesel

Customer Question
po633 DTc on 2003 dodge...
po633 DTc on 2003 dodge ram 3500 5.9L diesel
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Dodge
7/23/2006
Dodge Mechanic: Danny, Dodge Technician replied 11 years ago
Danny
Danny, Dodge Technician
PO633 Is a security fault you will have to take this one in to the dealer because after market scanners cannot communicate with the skim module . The module may be bad or there may be other codes stored in the skim.

Symptom:

P0633-SKIM SECRET KEY NOT ENTERED

When Monitored and Set Condition:

P0633-SKIM SECRET KEY NOT ENTERED

When Monitored: While the key is on.

Set Condition: The SKIM secret key was not calibrated into the ECM.

Possible causesOSSIBLE CAUSES

IMPROPER IGNITION KEY IS BEING USED

SKIM DTC’S

SKIM NOT CALIBRATED PROPERLY

TEST ACTION APPLICABILITY

1 With the DRBIIIt, read SKIM DTCs.

Are any SKIM DTC’s present?

ENGINE- 5.9L

DIESEL

Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL).

No ! Go To 2

2 Verify that the proper ignition key is in the ignition lock on the steering column.

Are the proper keys being used?

Yes
! Go To next step

No ! Use the proper key for the vehicle.

3 Using the DRBIIIt, recalibrate the ECM with the proper SKIM secret key.

With the DRBIIIt, erase DTCs.

Cycle the ignition switch from on to off to on.

With the DRBIIIt, read DTCs.

Did the DTC reset?

Danny
Danny, Dodge Technician
Danny
Danny
Danny, Dodge Technician