Digital Cameras

Digital camera repair questions? Ask a camera Expert.

Request for help on a 70D. Mode Dial set to PROGRAM Shutter…

Customer Question
Request for help on...

Request for help on a 70D

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Mode Dial set to PROGRAM Shutter takes 1 picture, then switches to Landscape mode,and w/o the shutter being touched takes a 2nd picture. Goal is to return to normal operation without the 2nd picture being taken. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC; Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Several months ago I put together a macro to automatically take the 2nd picture

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not need any help on my printer. My questions concern a Canon 70d camera.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Digital Cameras
9/21/2017
Digital Camera Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think I can instruct you as to how to cure that problem. There are (I have in mind) two methods, one certain but a bit more drastic, but quicker, than the other.

The drastic but quick method is, to Factory Reset your camera. That puts all settings (except Time and Date and Language) back to factory-issue condition.

But you lose your White Balance and other custom settings that way.

Would you prefer the longer approach, the less drastic? let me know, and I will instruct you as needed.

The factory settings reset, on your camera model, may be done as follows:

Turn the camera On.

Press MENU

and use right-arrow to move over to the 'wrench and four dots' tab, as shown:

http://support-th.canon-asia.com/img/G0156728.jpg

then arrow-down to select the

Clear All Camera Settings

option, then press SET.

Then choose 'OK', and press SET.

---------------------------------------------

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help and advise further.)